December 10, 2008

Wall Street

I just happened to see the movie "Wall Street", only recently. Since the current happenings went well with the plot, it made an interesting viewing.

It has been some time since I saw a movie that had some powerful and interesting dialogues. I thought Michalel Douglas's performance was terrific, and only later found that he took the Oscar for this role; not bad!

Since I couldnt write down the dialogues, I went to IMDB and their collection had some of the dailagues I too liked. Here they are:

Gordon Gekko: You're walking around blind without a cane, pal. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.

Bud Fox: How much is enough?
Gordon Gekko: It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.

Bud Fox: Sun-tzu: If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight, and if not split and reevaluate.

Lou Mannheim: Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

Lou: The main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don't want to do.

Darien Taylor: When you've had money and lost it, it can be much worse than never having had it at all!

Gordon Gekko: Greed is good.

Gordon Gekko: What's worth doing is worth doing for money.

Gordon Gekko: I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.

Gordon Gekko: If you need a friend, get a dog.

Gordon Gekko: The most valuable commodity I know of is information.

Carl Fox: I don't go to bed with no whore, and I don't wake up with no whore. That's how I live with myself. I don't know how you do it.

Gordon Gekko: This is the kid, calls me 59 days in a row, wants to be a player. There ought to be a picture of you in the dictionary under persistence kid.

Gordon Gekko: It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Carl Fox: He's using you, kid. He's got your prick in his back pocket, but you're too blind to see it.
Bud Fox: No. What I see is a jealous old machinist who can't stand the fact that his son has become more successful than he has!
Carl Fox: What you see is a guy who never measured a man's success by the size of his WALLET!
Bud Fox: That's because you never had the GUTS to go out into the world and stake your own claim!
[Long Pause]
Carl Fox: Boy, if that's the way you feel, I must have done a really lousy job as a father.

Lou Mannheim: Kid, you're on a roll. Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause it never does.

Gordon Gekko: Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

No comments:

Post a Comment