October 29, 2009

Facinated by Quotations

I have always been facinated by quotations. Some have made me think, some have made me laugh and some have made me wonder. Quotes have such profound effect on me and many like me.

I found this set hand written by me in a piece of paper stuck in one of my old books; may be written around 15 years back, I guess. Some of the quotes were not attributed to any and I googled them to attribute to the right person and I don't even know many of them.

I am only listing some of the quotations from this list.

"By being pleasant always and smiling, it takes you nearer to God, nearer than any prayer."
- Swami Vivekananda

"At times, it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
- James G. Sinclair

"Be your own judge and you will be truly happy"
- Mahatma Gandhi

"Helping Hands are better than Praying Lips"
- Mother Theresa

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."
- Marie Curie

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
- Robert Brault

"The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance."
- Confucius

"I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar."
- Robert Brault

"We are all born into the world with nothing. Everything we acquire after that is profit."
- Sam Ewing

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
- Earl Gray Stevens

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
- Thomas B. Macauley

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Gagehot

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"
- Lao Tzu

"If today your abilities are small and your powers insignificant, begin now to make a more thorough use of them and they will grow."
- Raymond Holliwel

No comments:

Post a Comment